During 2021, I was also hired for a new public art project that I have been slowly designing over the past few months. I'm not quite ready to share my ideas yet because they are still simmering in my head. They need a little more cooking time. Right now I know that the project will be a free standing sculpture with some moving parts and panel designs in colored handmade ceramic tile. I'm looking at maps of the site and sketching ideas about how the nature and use of this land has changed over time. The project will be for a new housing development in Avondale, AZ called Alamar. The developer is committed to having art in the community and is commissioning a public art piece for every small neighborhood park. I think that 14 artists have been hired so far and there are more to come! In my next update I will definitely show some progress of this project.
Thanks for reading this all the way to the end! Stay safe, healthy, and creative out there and enjoy your friends and family when you can, Heidi |
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment