Please join me if you can to see three of my paper quilts on display in the
46th Annual Contemporary Crafts Exhibition opening Friday, February 14 from 7-10pm at Mesa Contemporary Arts
I am so honored to have three pieces chosen by juror, Carol Eckert, artist, curator, and writer, and also to have three pieces from this body of work showing together. Above is Great Grandma Bebout's Quilt Transformed (65x65") and below is Artist Tag Quilt (28.5 x 21.5”) and 25 Circle Squares with Lists (15.5 x 15.5"). All three of these quilts have been shown before, but never together. The Mesa Craft show is always an excellent show and I can't wait to see the rest of the work. If you can't make it on Friday night the exhibition runs through April 20.
I would also like to invite you to see another exhibition that I have one piece in:
There is No Planet B Ecofeminism and Climate at Center Space Gallery Scottsdale Performing Arts Center Jan. 17 - April 27, 2025
I am very honored to be showing work with this esteemed group of artists and to be in the exhibition co-curated by Laura R Hales, Curator of Learning and Innovation at Scottsdale Arts and Patricia Watts, founder of Ecoartspace.
The piece below, Baby Bud Quilt (16x12") is being shown for the 2nd time. It was shown for one night only in 2018 for a Planned Parenthood benefit exhibition and then bought by Nina Solomon. She graciously lent it to me for this exhibition as we both believe it needs to be seen again and it is unfortunately very relevant again. This is the first paper quilt that I ever did and has led to so many ideas and pieces.
When I am not working on my own studio practice, I am busy creating public art. I just started fabricating tiles for a new sculpture in Meyer Park for the City of Tempe. The residents for three Tempe neighborhoods (Hughes Acres, Rural Geneva, and Meyer Park) wanted a sculpture in their neighborhood park that represented all three neighborhoods that used the park and to show some of the history where they live. I designed the sculptural pole that will have three spinning wedges and show the neighborhood's name and outlined shape as well as a map of each neighborhood from 1930 and 2025. Below is the beginning of my process and a view of my garage studio before a day of work, which is where I need to get to right now!
Thank you for your continued support from near and far!
To see more about my work
follow me on Instagram and check out my website and blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment